Your roof is a critical component of your home. When it is new and in good shape, it protects all of the items that make your house a home. When it is old and starting to fail, you could be at risk for a lot of damage down the road. A roof installation in Las Vegas can be in your future if the roof is starting to get old.
How to Tell My Roof is Getting Old
The first thing to consider is whether your roof is getting old and needs to be replaced. There are some things that you can look at based on the material of your roof. But if you have not maintained the roof or there is damage from a storm, then you may need to replace the roof sooner than anticipated.
A full inspection is necessary to help you determine if the roof needs some work. While you or a professional are on the roof, look for:
- Shingles that are damaged, cracked, or loose
- Missing shingles on any part of the roof
- Dark spots or holes in the roof
- Signs that there has been leaking or other water damage
- Any rot or mold on the roof
If any of these are present on your current roof, then it is time to look into roof installation in Las Vegas to get the roof replaced.
How Long Will My Roof Last?
The length of time that your roof is able to last will depend on the material that you used on the roof in the first place. If you are not happy with how long your current roof lasted, then it may be time to consider a different material when it is time to do a roof installation in Las Vegas. Some of the common roofing materials you can choose and how long they should last before needing a replacement include:
- Metal roofs: These tend to last the longest, with some lasting between 50 to 75 years
- Rubber roofs: These have a good lifespan with many lasting 30 to 50 years if you do the proper maintenance.
- Wood shingles: These are able to last on your home for 20 to 25 years, but you will need to do a lot of maintenance to keep up.
- Asphalt shingles: These are the most common type of shingle on a home and it is likely this is what is on your home. These are designed to last from 15 to 30 years.
- Composition shingles: These have some of the shortest lifespan if you do not take care of them, with a lifespan of 12 to 20 years in most instances.
Knowing when to replace your roof is a smart way to keep your whole home safe. When a roof starts to get old and run down, it can be dangerous to you and all of your items inside. A new roof installation in Las Vegas does not have to be difficult when you decide to work with Rhino Roofing. We work hard to make the installation a breeze and are here to show you all of the great options and answer all of your questions. Contact us today to get started.